August 10, 2020
Have you ever been interviewing for a job, and had the person across the table give you some strong, constructive criticism about your qualifications?
Well, that happened to Tom Sweet, very early in his career. Tom is now the VP of Cloud Services for GM Financial, but that criticism was so profound that he still remembers it today, and uses it to help him mentor people on his team.
Here’s Tom’s story… and just a quick item to point out: Tom’s opinion’s are his own and not those of his employer, GM Financial.
- ITsmiths: Dennis Keane, CIO and VP at Red Wing Shoes
Dennis Keane is the Chief Information Officer at Red Wing Shoes. A company with (not only great […]
- Mike Madden – IT Executive for Cardno
Three years ago, Mike Smith and his wife were at an auction for the McKenna Claire Foundation, a […]
- ITsmiths: Dennis Leber, CISO for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Are you doing the same job now, that you knew you wanted to do when you were 18?
Dennis Leber had […]
- ITsmiths: Doug Saunders, VP and CIO at Advanced Disposal Services
Have you ever told someone: “I’m only hard on you because I know you have the potential to do […]
- ITsmiths: Vishal Gupta, Global CTO and SVP of Technology at Unisys
Way back in 1993, Vishal Gupta was a young, extremely talented computer scientist, who actually […]
- ITsmiths: Ryan Johnson, VP of Operations at Keap
A while back, I sat down with Ryan Johnson, who at the time was the head of IT for Keap, a fantastic […]