September 16, 2020
Dennis Keane is the Chief Information Officer at Red Wing Shoes. A company with (not only great shoes), but over 1,000 employees and more than 600 retail stores.
Since he was a young boy, living in Ireland, Dennis had a natural curiosity about things, and a thirst for acquiring the knowledge that could satisfy this curiosity.
He also has a great way with people.
Add those two things together, and you have the foundation for what lead Dennis into initially becoming a software engineer. Then, it’s also what pushed him to lobby to his boss, early in his career, that they needed to make the bold shift from a Waterfall, to an Agile software development approach.
And it’s also what later, helped him climb the ladder to becoming a Vice President and CIO for Red Wing Shoes… which is when Dennis and I sat down, to hear the story.
- Mike Madden – IT Executive for Cardno
Three years ago, Mike Smith and his wife were at an auction for the McKenna Claire Foundation, a […]
- ITsmiths: Dennis Leber, CISO for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Are you doing the same job now, that you knew you wanted to do when you were 18?
Dennis Leber had […]
- ITsmiths: Doug Saunders, VP and CIO at Advanced Disposal Services
Have you ever told someone: “I’m only hard on you because I know you have the potential to do […]
- ITsmiths: Thomas J. Sweet – Vice President of Cloud Services for GM Financial
Have you ever been interviewing for a job, and had the person across the table give you some strong, […]
- ITsmiths: Vishal Gupta, Global CTO and SVP of Technology at Unisys
Way back in 1993, Vishal Gupta was a young, extremely talented computer scientist, who actually […]
- ITsmiths: Ryan Johnson, VP of Operations at Keap
A while back, I sat down with Ryan Johnson, who at the time was the head of IT for Keap, a fantastic […]