1. How does AeroCom make money?
AeroCom makes money by selling advertising space on our website and by making commissions from service providers whom we are authorized to represent, when you use an AeroCom representative to initiate your purchase on the site.
2. What determines how providers are ranked, when searching for a specific product?
When searching for a product, we use two factors to determine the order that service providers are listed:
1) The number of reviews they have received
2) Their overall 5-brain rating on that product.
We try to determine a healthy formula between these two criteria.
3. Do providers who advertise get higher rankings on the site?
No. The only way you can "pay your way to the top" is if you purchase one of the two available "Preferred Listing" advertising spots on a Product Search. These ads are also marked with the word "Ad", so you can clearly see they are advertisements and not true rankings.
4. Does AeroCom only list providers or products that they have the ability to sell?
No way! All service providers are welcome on our site… the more, the better. If you've experienced them, we know others want to hear about it. Contact us here if you see that a telecom or cloud service provider, or product needs to be added.
5. What's with all the brains?
A few years ago, we started trying to figure out a symbol that would be memorable yet coincide with our target market that we serve, business IT Buyers. We decided upon a brain because we felt it was memorable and also reflective of intelligence, something that IT Buyers are well known for, within their organization. Our target market is an intelligent group of people!
6. If I inquire about pricing through AeroCom, is my contact information sent out to tons of service providers?
No. If you inquire with AeroCom for pricing, an AeroCom pricing representative contacts your requested service provider directly and then relays the pricing back to you. Your contact information is not given to the service provider unless you give it to a service provider directly (i.e. on a conference call that AeroCom arranges, etc.).
7. Can AeroCom help me answer technical questions about the service?
Yes, we have access to sales engineers and other valuable resources with many of the providers on our site.
8. Why do you need to speak with me live in order to research pricing?
Features and options are plentiful when it comes to telecom and cloud pricing. AeroCom takes pride in getting accurate pricing and product information back to you quickly, which usually requires us to ask all of the important questions, up front. One question could lead to another and we don't want to pepper you with 20 emails instead of just hopping on a quick call. Don't worry, we're nice!
9. Since I don't pay AeroCom a broker fee, how does AeroCom make money when selling and quoting the service providers?
AeroCom makes a sales commission from your chosen service provider.
10. How is my pricing the same through AeroCom as it is if I call the service provider and get pricing from their salesperson?
A sales commission is already built into your pricing, regardless of whether it's paid to one of their on-staff salespeople or AeroCom.
11. Will our company still receive the same level of customer service from our service provider, even if we bought the service through AeroCom?
Yes, your account manager, customer service and billing is still the same but don't just take our word for it. Ask us to and we'll get your provider on the phone and have them tell you. In fact our clients sometimes say that they received better customer service when they purchased the service through AeroCom because their provider knew that we could also quickly go back to AeroCom to purchase a competitor.